1) Knowing the flaws and issues with good definitions of concepts and research design is often critical to avoid being manipulated by “fake news and Data” … after reading the article on the study of immigration – what were the problems associated with the analysis of immigrants on welfare?
2) What is meant by the term triangulation in the reading on positivism? Make sure you address the issue of External Validity.
3) What are the primary differences between documentary films and social science researchers?
4) Where does science begin the process of research?
5) Which area of the wheel of science is best suited to develop and test hypothesis?
6) What is the difference between a primary and a nominal conceptual definition?
7) How can one’s religious spirituality be measured? Give examples
8) What is the difference between explanatory versus exploratory research? Where are they most likely found on the Wheel of Science?
9) Does the Comfort Hypothesis begin from a theoretical orientation or from a data collection starting point? I am looking for you to google up the Comfort Hypothesis – write what the hypothesis is…. and what does it predict. Since the example provided on the PowerPoint focused on Religiosity – which is linked to the Comfort Hypothesis(both focus on religion) – what patterns do you see as regards to who is more likely to seek comfort in religion? Men or Women? Older or Younger? Richer or Poorer? Dominant or Subordinate (Majority vs Minority groups)?