: US Public Health Service—History; Mission; and Services
The US Public Health Service (USPHS) is part of the US Department of Health and Human Services and collaborates with other US agencies such as the Department of Defense. USPHS often seems to be one of the least understood health organizations with regard to personnel, mission, and scope of work.
respond to the following:
• Provide a synopsis of the following:
o Brief history
o Core values
• Identify at least three dates on the USPHS timeline and discuss why you feel those particular dates and corresponding USPHS changes were or are significant. How have those changes influenced current public health policy?
• Using principles of organizational behavior, discuss some of the teams identified on the USPHS website and some of the strategies USPHS leadership and management might use to manage those teams.
Give reasons to support your statements.
U.S. Public Health Service. (2014). Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service. Retrieved from https://www.usphs.gov/
DQ Grading Criteria Points
Initial response was:
• Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
• Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
• Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions. 16
Discussion Response and Participation:
• Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
• Offered points of view supported by research.
• Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
• Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion. 16
• Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
• Responses were error free.
• Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited. 8
The post US Public Health Service—History Mission and Services appeared first on Psychology Homework.