What are some things to consider when selecting a training site? Why? What would you consider to be the most important consideration?
ANSWER THE ABOVE QUESTION AND THEN REPLY TO MY CLASSMATE RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU AGREE? (A MINIMUM OF 125 WORDS or MORE)
There are several factors to consider when selecting a training site which include: 1) Is it comfortable and accessible?; 2) Is it quiet, private and free from interruptions; and 3) Is there sufficient space for trainers to move around easily, offers enough room for trainees to have adequate work space, and has good visibility for trainees to see each other, the trainer and any visual displays or examples that will be used. When evaluating a training room, it is important to consider the following factors:
· Noise – Check for noise that may be distracting such as air conditioners or adjacent rooms.
· Colors – It is important to use pastel colors as they are warm and inviting.
· Room Structure -use rooms that are square in shape. Long-narrow rooms make is difficult for trainees to see, hear, and participate in the discussion.
· Lighting – The main source light source should be fluorescent lights. Incandescent lighting should be spread throughout the room and use dimmers with projection is required.
· Walls and Floor Covering -Carpeting should be placed in the meeting area. Solid colors should be used as they are not distracting. Only meeting-related materials should be on walls.
· Meeting Room Chairs – Chairs should have swivels, wheels, and backs that provide support for the lower lumbar region.
· Glare – Check and eliminate glare from metal surfaces.
· Ceiling – Ten-foot high ceilings are preferable.
· Electric Outlets -Outlets should be made available every six feet around the room.
· Acoustics -Check the bounce or absorption of sound from the walls, ceilings, floor and furniture and
· Technology – Check that the room has permanent screens and a computer with internet access for the trainer and trainees if needed.