Based on your readings thus far from the text and your own research explain what THIRA is. Next, explain and discuss what CARVER is. Finally, research different types of threat assessment tools / models such as but not limited to TRAM, BTRA or CTRA, IRMF, HAZUS-MH, or MSRAM, etc. Briefly discuss the one you find most interesting and or useful.
Lecture Notes – Threat & Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment by Dr. Melvin Richards
Hazard identification and risk assessment provides the factual basis for activities proposed in the strategy portion of a hazard mitigation plan. An effective risk assessment informs proposed actions by focusing attention and resources on the greatest risks. The 4 basic components of a risk assessment are:
- hazard identification, 3. inventory of assets, and
- profiling of hazard events,
- estimation of potential human and economic losses based on the exposure and vulnerability of people, buildings, and infrastructure.
The first step is to assemble an assessment team that has subject matter experts on the facility being assessed.
- Screening of assets 8. Consequence
- Characterize the facility 9. Compare estimated risk level to threshold
- Analyze the threats and estimate the likelihood of event 10. Suggest risk reduction strategies
- Assess the effectiveness of the physical and cyber-protection systems 11. If the estimated risk level is above the threshold, then re-evaluate the consequences and protection system effectiveness to measure and ensure relative security risk reduction
- Estimate relative security risk as a function of: 12.Analyze impacts of risk reduction packages
- Likelihood of attack 13. Present results to management
- Security system ineffectiveness 14. Risk management decisions are made
The risk assessment process begins with basic facts and assumptions and each step builds upon the other. The process of determining the priority order of the facilities and assets that the process is evaluating is the basic issue. The priority is based on the highest risk facility or building should be done first. The facility characterization will include a complete description of the property and all buildings, critical assets, and protection systems already in place. This identifies the ways undesired events can impact the facility processes. This step may need contact with local law enforcement or experts with knowledge of criminal activity in the region to estimate the criminal events that pose a risk to the facility. Other threats such as weather-related events can be studied through historical research or contacting local emergency management officials. There are five steps in the threat analysis process: collect information on the threats, prepare an adversary spectrum for the building, describe the threats, estimate the potential of an attack, and define the threat potential through a qualitative range of low too high to rank the likelihood of attack.
Estimating the risk requires combining the security risk parameters. The equation provides a reference level of the risk, very low to very high. In analyzing the risk estimation, it is tempting to use numbers to provide a quantitative value; however, it is better to use qualitative figures. The final step in the risk assessment process is the preparation of the report of risk assessment results and the presentation of the results to the managers and stakeholders. The total information package provides invaluable information for the risk management decision makers. The management team should take the information provided in the report and make the decisions of what to implement and what the schedule of implementation should be. This can include increasing insurance coverage, accept the level of risk, implement one or more of the packages, or request more study or information.
1. Assembling Concepts 1.1 Product Design Specification of fan cutting edge To viably build up a Product Design Specification for the Fan Blade, we have to right off the bat characterize the fundamental elements of the Fan sharp edge. The fundamental capacity of a fan is to cause successful wind current in a room and this ought to be practiced for a long utilization of quite a long while at different turns every moment. The nature of fans is appraised by their presentation in moving the air adequately and discreetly. This is observed by such factors as the pitch, length, and number of roof fan cutting edges, and their cycles every moment (rpms).The rakish edges of the roof fan sharp edges are named as the pitches which are especially significant for the powerful development of the air. The shape empowers the sharp edge to apply weight to the air before it and in this way the air is constrained downwards. In this manner the significant particulars required for our segment would be: Successful Air Flow Low Noise levels No Wobbling Sturdiness Light weight for low control utilization Ought not get rusted. Feel Minimal effort The higher the pitch the more is the substitution of air. Great quality roof fan cutting edges have a pitch of 12-14 degrees. Cutting edge pitches as low as 8 or 10 degrees prompts more unfortunate execution and in this way lower Air stream and higher clamor levels. While the short roof fan edges with least pitches can twirl at high speeds, they don’t make for much air flow and they are noisier than the kinds of fans with longer sharp edges and higher pitch however they turn all the more gradually. One of the issues individuals once in a while find with their roof fans is wobbling. While numerous individuals may feel that the wobbling is brought about by the engine, this is normally not the situation. The wobbling of the fan is generally brought about by sharp edges that are out of weight arrangement. This is because of the utilization of twisted, bowed, or unrivaled sharp edges. Another purpose behind wobbling is that the cutting edges might not have been in a bad way into the sections straight. Style are significant in the structure of a roof fan as the shading and configuration need to satisfy the vibes of the spot of portion. Various materials like strong wood, cross-covered facade and more affordable veneered consistent thickness sheets are utilized to render the roof fan cutting edges a shrewd and contemporary look. This additionally may incorporate a metal completion, or a wooden looks. Differentiation or reversible roof fan edges are another inventive expansion to the entire scope of roof fan cutting edge planning. Roof fans generally are not traded for some a years at a stretch. Along these lines they are required to be solid to withstand long use at different paces. In spite of the fact that a few plans of fan edges may devour low control at the expense of low wind stream, a superior structure would incorporate the utilization of a low weight material for the fan sharp edge. Rusting of metallic fan edges can cause unevenness in the adjusting of the fan sharp edges due to change in weight and it additionally will influence the toughness. In this way the cutting edges should be covered successfully with paint to avoid oxidation of the fan sharp edges. 1.2 Wooden and Plastic cutting edges in correlation with Aluminum edges The most generally utilized materials for making roof fan sharp edges are Wood, Plastic and Metal. We have settled on utilizing an aluminum sharp edge for our fan, yet let us likewise consider different materials as well. Wood had been customarily utilized as it is a light weight material that is effectively accessible. It additionally can be cut exquisitely to add magnificence to the feel of a home. It is realized that the ordinary sharp edge of a roof fan is made of compressed wood or strong wood. In the assembling method, such a sharp edge needs to experience many preparing steps, for example, cutting, planing, multi cleaning, completing the process of, painting and printing or covering with printed paper, and so forth. Additionally, every edge should at long last be gauged and three or four cutting edges of a similar weight must be chosen as a set for the pressing activity. In this way, the entire handling technique for a wooden sharp edge is very work concentrated and tedious, and subsequently over the top expensive. The wooden cutting edges are made of longitudinal portions of wood that have their sides covered together. Because of the warm cycling and operational pressure, the covered wooden edges may split along the length of the sharp edge. Under such sway the sharp edge could isolate into at least one pieces and send unsafe rockets about a room. The plastic cutting edge includes a sharp edge casing made by infusion trim or bite the dust throwing a monetarily accessible tensionable plastic or texture. This technique for making fan cutting edges enormously decreases assembling time and cost. The amassed sharp edge likewise has a controllable weight mistake falling inside a middle of the road run with the goal that the gauging and choosing methods performed before pressing can be significantly improved. The edge casing is mass delivered by plastic infusion shaping. The sharp edge plate can be pre-printed with different hues and structures, and afterward mass cut by a shaper, whereby the creation speed is extraordinarily expanded. Also, the cutting edge and edge plate can be amassed by methods for a particular gathering machine in a manufacturing plant or collected outside an industrial facility by contract so creation can be incredibly expanded with less work. Along these lines the assembling cost is incredibly diminished. The edge has an all out weight which is 40-half that of a regular wooden sharp edge. In this way, the intensity of the cutting edge driving engine can be diminished by the decreased weight. Accordingly, the expense of the engine just as of the sharp edge is brought down. Edges for regular roof fans have been produced from various materials in an assortment of shapes and sizes. For the most part, the earth wherein the roof fan is expected to work is a critical factor in going with drawings, the determination of the material for the cutting edge arrangement. Unbending materials, for example, wood or plastic are usually utilized on fans planned exclusively for indoor use, yet are inclined to twisting when exposed to long haul open air use because of the extraordinary vacillations in temperature and mugginess. In this way aluminum cutting edges which are produced using aluminum throwing appear to be perfect for open air use. 1.3 Suitable assembling process The wooden cutting edges are produced using various materials and are given a wide assortment of completions. The regular wood and painted sharp edges are produced using strong wood, cross-covered facade (compressed wood), and more affordable veneered steady thickness board. The completions incorporate characteristic, apparatus white, cherry wood, oak, pecan, burled camphor, faded oak, white, fake rock, rosewood, dark, high brilliance, hues, and some more. Many handling steps are included, for example, cutting, planing, multi cleaning, completing the process of, painting and printing or covering with printed paper, and so on. Hence the creation of a wooden cutting edge appears to be increasingly arduous and tedious. From our Product structure detail, the wooden cutting edges fulfill the states of being light weight, rust verification and having high stylish worth. Be that as it may, it isn’t sturdy as wood may retain dampness, and this may cause unevenness in the adjusting of the cutting edges. Utilizing a plastic sharp edge is viewed as more secure at that point utilizing a metal or wooden one, along these lines you needn’t bother with a cover over the cutting edge. In contrast to wooden sharp edges, a plastic cutting edge is made by Injection trim procedure and its creation isn’t relentless and tedious. The entire plastic edge can be made of one piece, not at all like a wooden cutting edge which is for the most part a gathering of wooden pieces stuck together. Because of the lower material and assembling costs and the simplicity with which they can be mass created, one-piece formed plastic aficionados of both the impeller and divergent or blower types are being utilized as air flowing methods in various machines, for example, hair dryers, car radiators, iceboxes. Despite the fact that such fans are moderately little and light, it is all things considered alluring that they be powerfully adjusted to inside precise breaking points. The technique utilized for getting dynamic parity has included the trim of a test fan in each shape pit, testing these formed fans for dynamic equalization and from there on machining ceaselessly material from chose regions of the form surfaces in this manner to build the heaviness of the segments of the fan framed by these regions to get a decent weight dispersion. The plastic cutting edge is very valuable as it fulfills a large portion of the Product plan details. In any case, it can’t be said to be solid as the plastic may twist because of higher temperatures subsequently influencing the parity of the sharp edges. In this way we see that a metal sharp edge produced using aluminum is perfect as it is tough and can be put outside to without being rusted. 2. Mechanical Principles The structure proporsal is as per the following. The Aluminum sharp edges are bolstered on a solid plastic plate at the base. They are fixed together by two firmly fixed screws one behind the other. The plastic plate is thus associated with the center of the fan by two screws. The heaviness of the Aluminum cutting edge is bolstered on the plastic plate. They are an aggregate of four cutting edges fixed symmetrically to the center point. 2.1 Mechanical standards identifying with the Aluminum Blade Our structure of the Ceiling fan with four aluminum plates would have the accompanying mechanical standards following up on it. Power acting downwards because of weight of aluminum sharp edge. Outspread power when the fan is in pivoting. Ordinary power of the plastic plate acting upwards Ordinary power of pushing air down misbehaving wards. Extraneous ordinary power from the jolts to the Aluminum sharp edge, which causes revolution Torque following up on the jolts because of the heaviness of the Aluminum cutting edges. 2.2 Analysis For an aluminum plate of measurements 14cm Ã-2.5cm the region of the plate is roughly 35cm. The thickness of the plate is around 0.1 cm. In this way the volume of the Aluminum sharp edge would be 3.5cm^3. The thickness of Aluminum is 2.7 gm/cc. In this way the heaviness of every Aluminum sharp edge is 9.45gm The RPM at which fans are normally expected to pivot is near>
Superior Essay Writers | Discovering Threats and Hazards Assessment Tools was first posted on August 21, 2019 at 3:01 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Assignment Tutor". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@nursing writers.com