Define strategic staffingJanuary 19, 2019
Econ 4310January 19, 2019
You are tasked by your Police Chief to provide information to potential officer candidates going through the police academy about the importance of working with juvenile delinquents and the role the candidates will play as it relates to preventing and deterring delinquency acts. The chief has asked that you present this in PowerPoint and include the following information:
- Identify the strengths and limitations of police officer discretion when working with juvenile delinquents.
- Discuss the term community policing as it relates to not only protecting the public but also serving the public and the needs of juveniles.
- Discuss The Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) and the agency’s role in deterring juvenile delinquency through community policing initiatives.
- Discuss the characteristics, talents, and/or skills needed to successfully communicate and work with juveniles to help intervene and deter future delinquent behavior.
- Discuss the importance and the role of juvenile gang units in protecting the community and deterring juvenile violent behavior.
Your completed presentation should be at least seven slides, not including the cover and reference slides. At least one outside source should be cited and referenced in proper APA style. Use the slide notes function to explain the contents of the slide as necessary (not required).
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"