Week 2: Course Project Milestone 1
- DueSunday by 11:59pm
- Submittinga file upload
Course Project Milestone 1: Guidelines
To apply lessons in nursing history to living nurses contributing to nursing history through an interview and documentation of historical information
The Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Incorporate appropriate historical perspectives into current professional nursing practice (PO2).
CO4: Compare current professional nursing practice roles with historical roles of the nurse (PO7).
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 1 is worth 100 points of this total.
Submit your completed NR393 Milestone 1 by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. mountain time at the end of Week 2.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Nursing history is being made today by exemplary nurses throughout the world. Select one registered nurse who is creating nursing history to be the subject of this project. This RN must have at least 10 years of RN licensure. The nurse could be a family member; friend; colleague; acquaintance; manager; former instructor; or other nurse who is creating, delivering, or influencing the practice of nursing in your area. Do not select a former or current patient. Remember that a nurse does not have to create a nursing theory, write textbooks, or be the head of a nursing organization to make nursing history. The chief nurse executive who manages to deliver quality care in a small rural hospital with a tiny budget has a story worth telling. The nurse who served in the military has a story that is important to document as nursing history. The staff nurse who consistently provides high quality care is making history. History is not merely the major accomplishments or events; it includes the activities nurses everywhere do in their nursing lives. Milestone 1 is due at the end of Week 2.
- Clearly explain to the selected nurse that statements made in the interview will be recorded (audio, video, and/or written) and submitted to the instructor. The interview is not intended for public access.
- Obtain permission from the selected nurse to participate in an interview about his or her
- memories of nursing and nursing education;
- contributions to nursing; and
- persons or events that have influenced his or her nursing practice.
- Carefully review the Milestone 1 Grading Rubric. Complete only Milestone 1 requirements at this time.
- Download the required Milestone 1 Template (Links to an external site.). Save it to your computer with the file name as Your Last Name NR393 Milestone 1.docx.
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.). Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Type directly on your saved Milestone 1 Template. Submit your completed Milestone 1 as instructed by Sunday of Week 2.
- Note: Do not complete the interview at this time.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work, except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment. Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
Note: Please use your browser’s File menu to save or print this page.
NR393 Milestone 1 Rubric Sept18
NR393 Milestone 1 Rubric Sept18
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeName of Selected NurseProvides first and last name of selected nurse, credentials, and contact info.
States first and last name of the selected nurse and credentials (example, BSN, RN, FNP, etc.). Provides working phone number and email address in order to contact selected nurse.
States first and last name of the selected nurse and credentials. Provides working phone OR email for selected nurse.
States first AND last name of the selected nurse with credentials, but no phone or email address.
State first OR last name of the selected nurse, but no phone number or email address.
Does not state names or credentials of the selected nurse.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeYears Selected Nurse Has Been an RNStates the number of years the selected nurse has been an RN. Nurse must have held an RN license for at least 10 years.
Selects a nurse who has been an RN for at least 10 years. States specific number of years the selected nurse has been an RN.
Selects a nurse who has been a nurse for at least 10 years, but not necessarily employed as an RN. States specific number of years selected nurse has been an RN.
States incorrectly the number of years selected nurse has been an RN.
Selects a nurse who has fewer than 10 years of experience as an RN.
Does not state years the selected nurse has been an RN.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeYour Relationship With Selected NurseDescribes details of your relationship with the selected nurse.
Clearly identifies the relationship of student to the selected nurse with details of length of relationship and circumstances.
Mostly identifies the relationship of student to the selected nurse but generally describes the length of the relationship and/or the circumstances.
Somewhat identifies relationship of student to the selected nurse but provides few details of the length of the relationship or the circumstances.
Minimally identifies the relationship of student to the selected nurse and provides minimal details about the relationship
Does not clearly identify relationship of student to selected nurse and/or length of the relationship.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWhy You Selected This NurseExplains details of why the selected nurse is making nursing history and was chosen as the subject of this Course Project.
Clearly explains details about why this nurse was selected.
Mostly explains details about why this nurse was selected.
Somewhat explains details about why this nurse was selected.
Minimally explains details about why this nurse was selected.
No information provided as to why this nurse was selected.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCorrect Template Used
-10points (10%) Incorrect or no template used.
Correct Template Used
No points deducted.
Total Points: 100.0
<a href="https://chamberlain.instructure.com/courses/45053/modules/items/5870502" role="button" class="Button module-sequence-footer-button–previous" data-tooltip="right" data-html-tooltip-title=" Week 2: Homework” aria-describedby=”msf0-previous-desc”>Previous
The post NR393 Chamberlain College Week 2 Memories of Nursing Project first appeared on The Nursing Tutors.
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"