1. Question : What physical sign is the result of turbulent blood flow through a vessel?
2. Question : Which organism is a common sexually transmitted bacterial infection?
3. Question : It has been determined that a tumor is in stage 2. What is the meaning of this finding?
4. Question : Erythrocyte life span of less than 120 days, ineffective bone marrow response to erythropoietin, and altered iron metabolism describe the pathophysiologic characteristics of which type of anemia?
5. Question : When an individual aspirates food particles, where would the nurse expect to hear decreased or absent breath sounds?
6. Question : What is the first stage in the infectious process?
7. Question : Causes of hyperkalemia include:
8. Question : Which term is used to describe a muscle cell showing a reduced ability to form new muscle while appearing highly disorganized?
9. Question : The drug heparin acts in hemostasis by which processes?
10. Question : What is the major concern regarding the treatment of gonococci infections?
11. Question : What is the most common cause of insufficient erythropoiesis in children?
12. Question : What is the most abundant class of plasma protein?
13. Question : Decreased lung compliance means that the lungs are demonstrating which characteristic?
14. Question : Which immunoglobulin (Ig) is present in childhood asthma?
15. Question : What is the functional unit of the kidney called?
16. Question : An infant’s hemoglobin must fall below ___ g/dl before signs of pallor, tachycardia, and systolic murmurs occur.
17. Question : Why is nasal congestion a serious threat to young infants?
18. Question : The risk for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) decreases for premature infants when they are born between how many weeks of gestation?
19. Question : What effect do natriuretic peptides have during heart failure when the heart dilates?
20. Question : Causes of hyperkalemia include:
21. Question : Examination of the throat in a child demonstrating signs and symptoms of acute epiglottitis may contribute to which life-threatening complication?
22. Question : When a patient has small, vesicular lesions that last between 10 and 20 days, which sexually transmitted infection is suspected?
23. Question : Which T-lymphocyte phenotype is the key determinant of childhood asthma?
24. Question : How is most of the oxygen in the blood transported?
25. Question : What is the most common cause of iron deficiency anemia (IDA)?
26. Question : In which primary immune deficiency is there a partial-to-complete absence of T-cell immunity?
27. Question : Which complex (wave) represents the sum of all ventricular muscle cell depolarizations?
28. Question : During an IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reaction, which leukocyte is activated?
29. Question : What is the primary problem resulting from respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
30. Question : Which substance has been shown to increase the risk of cancer when used in combination with tobacco smoking?
31. Question : The only surface inside the nephron where cells are covered with microvilli to increase the reabsorptive surface area is called the:
32. Question : Continuous increases in left ventricular filing pressures result in which disorder?
33. Question : Apoptosis is a(an):
34. Question : The function of the foramen ovale in a fetus allows what to occur?
35. Question : If the sinoatrial (SA) node fails, then at what rate (depolarizations per minute) can the atrioventricular (AV) node depolarize?
36. Question : Which cells have phagocytic properties similar to monocytes and contract like smooth muscles cells, thereby influencing the glomerular filtration rate?
37. Question : An individual is more susceptible to infections of mucous membranes when he or she has a seriously low level of which immunoglobulin antibody?
38. Question : The coronary ostia are located in the:
39. Question : What is the role of collagen in the clotting process?
40. Question : Deficiencies in which element can produce depression of both B- and T-cell function?
41. Question : What is the role of caretaker genes?
42. Question : What is the chief predisposing factor for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
43. Question : Hemolytic disease of the newborn (HDN) can occur if the mother:
44. Question : Which congenital heart defects occur in trisomy 13, trisomy 18, and Down syndrome?
45. Question : Fetal hematopoiesis occurs in which structure?
46. Question : What is the final stage of the infectious process?
47. Question : Which statement is true concerning the IgM?
48. Question : Innervation of the bladder and internal urethral sphincter is supplied by which nerves?
49. Question : Which statement best describes a Schilling test?
50. Question : Phagocytosis involves neutrophils actively attacking, engulfing, and destroying which microorganisms?
51. Question : Which drug may be prescribed orally for outbreak management of herpes simplex viral (HSV) infections?
52. Question : What is the ratio of coronary capillaries to cardiac muscle cells?
53. Question : Which disorder results in decreased erythrocytes and platelets with changes in leukocytes and has clinical manifestations of pallor, fatigue, petechiae, purpura, bleeding, and fever?
54. Question : What part of the kidney controls renal blood flow, glomerular filtration, and renin secretion?
55. Question : Which manifestations of vasoocclusive crisis are associated with sickle cell disease (SCD) in infants?
56. Question : A person with type O blood is considered to be the universal blood donor because type O blood contains which of the following?
57. Question : Which laboratory test is considered adequate for an accurate and reliable diagnosis of gonococcal urethritis in a symptomatic man?
58. Question : Which organ is stimulated during the alarm phase of the general adaptation syndrome (GAS)?
59. Question : Which type of antibody is involved in type I hypersensitivity reaction?
60. Question : Which type of immunity is produced by an individual after either natural exposure to the antigen or after immunization against the antigen?
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post NR 507 Midterm Exam (Version 2 Solutions) appeared first on My Nursing Experts.