Please review the eight question and the word count be 60 words. Please do plagerism the question.
Chapter 5/Framework for Human Resource Management, Ch. 2
1. Because of disparate treatment and disparate impact, four key areas have evolved to clarify how these are interpreted and enforced. They are:
Business Necessity and Job Relatedness: Practice necessary for safe and efficient organizational operations.
Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ): Characteristic providing a legitimate reason why an employer can exclude persons on a otherwise illegal bases of consideration.
Burden of Proof: What individuals who file suit against employers much provide in order to establish that illegal discrimination has occurred.
Retaliation: Punitive actions taken by employers against individuals who exercise their legal rights (Mathis and Jackson, 2008).
Please provide an example of a necessary business hiring practice, a BFOQ and retaliation.
Chapter 5/Equal Pay
2. What important precedents were set by the Griggs v. Duke Power Company case? The Albemarle v. Moody case?
Chapter 7/ affirmative actions/hidden Bias
3. Affirmative action does not work. When you’re hired under an affirmative action program,, you’re automatically labeled as such and are rarely recognized for the value that you can bring to an organization.” Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Defend your position.
4. Sometimes bias isn’t intentional but are unconscious; prejudices or stereotypes imparted by upbringing, culture and mass media that influence perceptions about people and our behavior toward them. According to Wilkie, 2014, there are many other biases that are not what you would think of as a “common” bias, such as, height and weight, introversion and extroversion, martial and parental status, disability status, foreign accents, where someone attended college and hobbies and extracurricular activities.
Having biases such as these may affect the way people are hired, mentored and how employees socialize with each other.
5. f you fail to hire people that have different backgrounds and experiences, you will limit the creativity that the employees bring to the organization. As a result, the organization could remain stagnant or fail. For instance, five years ago our former CEO hired our former Director of HR. He hired someone exactly like himself. Unfortunately, that meant they were both introverted, didn’t take a firm stand in what they believed in and overall weren’t really people persons. As leaders of our organization, those are not traits that translated well to our employees. Consequently, the employees didn’t respect either of them, our business was not as successful as it could have been and neither of them are with our company any longer. The same scenario played out with other senior managers that are no longer with our organization. Bringing in employees that are different challenges the other employees to stand up for what they believe in and also brings new ideas and perspectives to the table. On the flip side, there may be instances where it is a good idea to hire employees that are not as diverse. Can you think of a scenario where that may occur?
6. Chapter9 /Good-Faith Bargaining
7. Good-Faith Bargin
What is good-faith bargaining? When is bargaining not in good faith?
8. Chapter 9/Collective Barging
The duty to bargain in good faith includes an employer’s obligation to supply the union with information relevant to the collective bargaining process. The general rule is that when a union representative requests information, an employer must supply information that is needed to bargain intelligently and to administer a contract. The following conditions must be met before an employer is required to provide the information:
The union must request the information
The information requested must e relevant to the bargaining process
The information requested cannot be “unduly burdensome” to furnish (Bryant, 2012).
What are some areas of concern for both employers and employees?
The post hrm/300 questions appeared first on Lion Essays.
hrm/300 questions was first posted on October 19, 2020 at 1:23 am.©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org