To prepare for this Shared Activity:
• Review the Readings and, in particular, examine the VRIOS framework and internal value chain information in Pitt and Koufopoulos (2012: Chapter 5).
• Review the SCOT Analysis document and consider how to best deploy it. You are not required to use the pre-designed templates, but you will be responsible for a robust and complete analysis with implications clearly stated.
• Choose a business and industry that is related to the business you selected for this Shared Activity. It could be a competitor, supplier, customer or others.
To complete this Shared Activity:
• Prepare a table in Word that replicates Figure 5.3 on page 138 in Pitt and Koufopoulos (2012: Chapter 5). Rather than just using the phrase ‘distinctive capability’ as shown in the left hand column, use the following category boxes, in this order from top to bottom:
• Skills: 1, 2, 3, and so on (i.e. core individuals in the organisation who bring distinct value to it)
• Competencies and capabilities: 1, 2, 3, and so on (i.e. work-groups, functional units, discrete activities), as ordered by a detailed rendering of the organisation’s value-chain activities
• Other strategic assets
• Using the table to organise your thoughts, make a VRIOS evaluation of the skills, competencies, capabilities and other strategic assets of the organisation you selected for your Final Project. Use the A through D scale as shown in the figure.
• Be sure to explain what the strategic implications of your analysis are and how the set of implications limits or shapes your strategic recommendations.
• Be sure to identify specific future strategy actions and recommendations based on your evaluation of options and to provide a basic defense of why your recommended actions are the most appropriate.
• Note: You may use any and all of the Readings from this unit to support your reasoning.
• Review your colleagues’ posts.
• Respond to two or more of your peers by probing the work of your peers and then offer potential critical directing questions andspecific and constructive ideas for improving your peers’ analyses.
• Be sure to support your postings with evidence from the Readings and current literature from the UoRL Library and other sources. Consult the Harvard Referencing Style Guide for proper citation and referencing information.
The post Examine the VRIOS framework and internal value chain information in Pitt and Koufopoulos… 1 answer below » first appeared on nursingassignmenttutor.com.