FOUNDATIONS OF NURSING EDUCATION
As a nurse educator, you may be expected to lead and participate in the development and revision of nursing programs. Therefore, it is essential that you have the competencies to analyze internal and external factors and trends that impact the design and delivery of nursing curricula. You must also be able to use a variety of learning theories to guide the development of nursing curriculum and integrate relevant educational philosophies, modalities, and assessments to achieve identified program outcomes. The clear articulation of the ethical standards and desired learner outcomes to stakeholders will be necessary for achieving the requirements of state and national regulatory and accrediting agencies.
At Hartford Community College, the executive team has decided to change the current two-year associate degree nursing program to a four-year bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) program. As the director of allied health programs, you have been asked to chair the nursing curriculum committee, which is charged with fully designing the new BSN program. Your position gives you access to societal, economic, and institutional trends that are current in the field of nursing education. Taking these items into consideration, your committee has been tasked with gathering information and presenting it for the new BSN program. You are to ensure the new BSN program is consistent with state and national professional standards and guidelines. You will be creating a report to take to the board of directors for approval.
A. Create a report that contains the following components:
• table of contents
• components identified in aspects B through K
B. Justify the change from an associate degree nursing program to a BSN program.
Note: Please include one or two sentences to serve as a brief introduction to the justification for the change from an associate degree nursing program to a BSN program. Details of the justification will be amplified in items B1 and B2.
1. Explain two factors (e.g., social, economic, political, institutional) that influence the need for a BSN program.
2. Explain how at least one of the following external forces has informed the decision for a BSN program:
• The Institute of Medicine (IOM)
• The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
• Magnet hospital recognition
• Patricia Benner’s Educating Nurses: A Call for Radical Transformation
• Contemporary literature on patient outcomes related to academic preparation for nurses
C. Select a recommendation from one of the following organizations or institutions to guide the integration of quality and safety initiatives in the new BSN program:
• Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN)
• The Institute of Medicine (IOM)
• American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
• National League for Nursing (NLN)
• The Joint Commission
1. Provide a rationale for your selected recommendation.
2. Discuss one possible barrier (e.g., faculty shortage, financial incentives) you may encounter as you implement your selected recommendation.
D. Develop an argument for how a learning theory (e.g., constructivist, cognitivist, humanistic) would support the development of critical thinking skills in the new BSN program.
1. Critique the selected learning theory, including the following:
• two advantages of using the selected theory in the new BSN program
• two disadvantages of using the selected theory in the new BSN program
The post Discuss one possible barrier (e.g., faculty shortage, financial incentives) you may encounter as you implement your selected recommendation. Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements appeared first on nursingassignmenttutor.com.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Discuss one possible barrier (e.g., faculty shortage, financial incentives) you may encounter as you implement your selected recommendation. Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements appeared first on Urgent Nursing Writers.