Dove uses Maslows hierarchy in its hierarchy needs in promoting their products. Maslows hierarchy of needs is a 5-tier pyramid outlining the needs of human survival. The most crucial needs (psychological needs) are at the bottom of the pyramid and need to be achieved before an individual can attend to needs higher up the pyramid (McLeod, 2018).
The 5 needs identified by Maslows Hierarchy are:
1. Psychological: – The natural necessities for human perseverance (for instance air, food, water, cover, sex, rest).
2. Safety: – This includes protection from elements, security, law and order, stability and freedom from fear.
3. Love and Belonging: – Friendship, trust, acceptance, receiving and giving love, intimacy and the feeling of belonging.
4. Esteem/Ego: -Esteem needs include self-esteem (e.g. pride, accomplishment, freedom) and the craving for notoriety and regard from others (for example status and renown).
5. Self-fulfilment: – this incorporates recognizing singular potential, smugness, searching for mindfulness and apex experiences. An aching “to turn out to be all that one is prepared for ending up being”. (Maslow, 1987, p. 64) (McLeod, 2018).
The motivations behind Dove products and its brand stem from esteem needs.
Doves Campaign for real beauty is all about promoting self-worth and self-esteem amongst women.
According to Nathaniel Branden (1990), “confidence will be trust in the ability to think; trust in the ability to adjust to the troubles of life; and trust ethically supported to be happy, the tendency of being excellent, justifying, equipped for express one’s necessities and needs and to value the results of one’s endeavours”.
Doves Morale Project sets the brands mission to “ensure the bleeding edge grows up valuing a positive relationship with the way in which they look helping adolescents to raise their certainty and comprehend their most extreme limit”.
Part of Doves Self Esteem Project is to provide parents, teachers and youth leaders with the tools to educate young people about self-esteem and build their self-esteem and body confidence.
Dove also has many marketing and advertising efforts designed to build self-esteem among all women.
Doves commercials target ladies, everything being equal, sizes, races and religions to build up the confidence of all types of ladies and spread the message that what makes them real, makes them beautiful. Dove takes what some might consider as their flaws and tells them that these are the things that makes them unique and beautiful.
The post Choose A Specific Product You Use On A Regular Basis For Example Dove Deodorant How Does The Manufacturer Of This Product Utilize The Hierarchy Of Needs In Promoting This Product appeared first on nursingassignmenttutor.com.