Case Analyses: select TWO court cases (from different chapters) from the list below, and respond in writing to the case questions. The written analysis of both cases should be approximately 2-3 pages total; use parenthetical citations and a corresponding works cited list when referencing specific information from the text or other sources, and follow other prescribed guidelines for APA format.
1. What was the legal issue in this case? What did the Supreme Court decide?
2. What things must be shown in order to achieve class certification in a class action lawsuit? What did the Court say was lacking in this case?
3. What complications do class action suits present when deciding the damages to which class members are entitled? Why does the Court reject the method proposed by the lower court?
4. What are the practical consequences of this decision for plaintiffs in discrimination and other employment law cases? What would the consequences have been for employers if the court had ruled that the class action could proceed?
1. What was the legal issue in this case? What did the court decide?
2. How is the plaintiff able to establish a primafacie case of disparate treatment?
3. What reasons did the employer offer for its decision to reassign the employer offer for its decision to reassign the employee? What is the evidence that these might be pretext?
4. What does the court mean when it refers to a “pretext-plus standard”? How did the district court err in applying this standard?
5. What does it mean for age to be a “but-for” cause? Do you think that Jones will be able to prove age discrimination at trial? Why or why not?
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post case one appeared first on Essay Writers.