module 3 abnormal child and adolescent psychSeptember 6, 2021
business and societySeptember 6, 2021
For this assignment, you are to write an op-ed (750-1000 words) on history of slavery on America’s colleges and universities, reparations, and building names at historically white institutions. This might lead to an op-ed about the history of slavery on American colleges and universities or a specific school; this might lead to an op-ed that lays out specific remedies/reparations needed. Or maybe, it is an op-ed about the ways that universities should or shouldn’t memorialize these histories. Whatever the focus, you are to write an op-ed that builds course materials (all while doing outside research), offers a clear argument/perspective, provide details, and advances the conversation in important ways. 5-step guide
- Find a focus
- Offer a clear argument and perspective
- Provide examples and details that substantiate your perspective
- Provide education that might encourage a person to learn about the issue surrounding the history of slavery on America’s colleges and universities, reparations, and monuments
- Provide additional resources that advances the conversation on history of slavery on America’s colleges and universities, reparations, and monuments
Grading breakdown is as follows:
- 7 points – Makes clear argument, focus, and presentation
- 4 points – Incorporation of specifics from course materials and other sources
- 3 points – Evidence of critical thinking (this isn’t simply a summary of the readings/research)
- 3 points – Advancement of conversation; points to resources; demonstrates outside research
for a possible total of seventeen (17) points.
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"