1. Discuss the Clean Water Act; how it is enforced and who is responsible for enforcing it.
2. Provide three examples of how water can become contaminated; their source of contamination and discuss what measures are taken to treat the water (if possible).
3. Identify your source of drinking water, obtain a copy of your annual water quality report (you will need to contact your water supplier) and learn about the quality of your water. Has your community experienced any water problems? http://www.epa.gov/safewater/dwinfo/index.html (visit this site to determine if your report is posted online) Write about your findings.
4. Discuss how water quality is monitored and who is responsible for this and why this is so important.
5. How do human activities contribute to water pollution? Think of some ways that we can prevent this from happening.
6. Explain some of the negative effects that water pollution has on the environment. What efforts are being made to reduce water pollution?
7. Discuss why pollution is a major threat to our oceans and what efforts are being used to address this issue.
8. What are some of the health risks, including diseases that are related to water pollution?
9. Do some research and find a case study of water pollution. Describe the case and write about what you learned.
10. In your opinion, what are some of the major water problems/issues that we will be faced with in the next several years? Support your answer.
The post Answer these questions using complete sentences. Cite website URL for outside sources. first appeared on Submit Your Essays.