Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Library Research Project
Using the library and other course resources, find a manufacturing company’s annual report.
Calculate the following ratios for the company that you select:
- Return on assets
- Return on equity
- Gross profit margin
- Debt to equity ratio
- Debt ratio
- Current ratio
- Quick ratio
- Inventory turnover
- Total asset turnover
- Price earnings ratio
Using the calculated ratios, analyze the financial performance of the firm. You will do this by looking at the ratios and comparing them to ratios from previous periods and in some cases, against their competitors. Keep in mind that you are trying to determine how the firm is performing under each of the listed ratios. In a memo to the chief executive officer (CEO), include the following:
- Explain the ratios that you calculated.
- Address other methods of analyzing financial statements aside from ratio analysis.
- Explain your analysis of the firm, and make recommendations for improvement.
Here is some of my answer please help. Its due by 7/21 at 8pm
ENI company head quarters
Eni S.p.a. – Registered Head Office
Piazzale Enrico Mattei, 1
· Return on assets = net income / total assets
13,980/138,088= 0.10% or 10%
· Return on equity= annual net income/ average stockholders’ equity
13,980/252= 0.55% or 55%
· Gross profit margin= gross profit /total revenue
110,843/116,107= 0.95% or 95%
· Debt to equity ratio= total liability/shareholders’ equity
· Debt ratio= total liability/total assets
76,914/138,088= 0.55% or 55%
· Current ratio= current asset/current liability
· Quick ratio= cash+marketable securities+receivables/current liabilities
· Inventory turnover= cost of goods sold/average inventory
· Total asset turnover= net sales/average total sales
· Price earnings ratio= current share price/earnings per share
Accord there financial reports, they have increased profits and overall revenue. There employees have received increased stock options making a profit overall.
2013 Annual financial reports. (2014) retrieved 2014 www.http://report.eni.com/annual-report-2013/en/annual-report/consolidated-financial-statements/financial-statements/profit-and-loss-account.html and www.eni.com
Financial accounting explained. (2014) received 2014 www.Http://accountingexplained.com/financial/ratios/pe-ratio